- 1956 – everyone must have been really excited when Elvis came out with his first album. This self-titled disc sold more than a million copies and became his first Gold record.
- 1965 – The Beatles were at the top of the Billboard chart for the seventh time with their song “Eight Days a Week”.
- 1968 – The Byrds Greatest Hits album goes Gold.
- 1976 – The Four Seasons had their final number one hit with “December 1963 (Oh What a Night)”.
- 1980 – Pink Floyd’s two-record set “The Wall” becomes Platinum.
- 1987 – Bob Seger has the honor of receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- 1999 – Cher hits number one with her song “Believe”.
- 2013 – legendary singer Bob Dylan gets voted into the American Academy of Arts and Letters.