Day Two of the Three Quotes for Three Days Challenge
Hello, I’m here writing you with ‘Day Two’ of the quote blogging challenge in which I was tagged by Albert H Widjojo. His post, Bonsai Seeds – 365 Photos Challenge # 2 is a prime example of his photos, while his post: Different Time, is an example of his writing combined with the art he promotes.
I’m tagging the following as my three choices today. They are prolific publishers who are old and new followers of my writing, they may be busy, so they may not be able to accept, but I’d enjoy seeing their quotes.
- 1: Kim_Johnson: Kim started following me about a month or so ago, I reciprocated right away after observing her posts, such as this one, which is one of her 287 when I wrote this, Kim’s Joke of the Day.
- 2: Fortune: entices me with posts like this one, Top 10 most popular sights to see in Micronesia. She followed me early on, and I was struck by her work, learning much from her. She has 277 published posts, at the time I wrote this, which far exceeds many bloggers. And she seems an avid follower if your good and you’re nice to her.
- 3: Ileana Calotescu: Just began following me and I obliged by following her. Her posts mesmerize me, with posts like this one, one of her 89 posts at the time I wrote this, Friday in Black and White – Five in a Wheelchair. This is a photo introspective I found intriguing.
Now it is time for my quotes. I have these three:
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” —Walt Disney
- “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” —George Herbert
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
For “Day Two,’ of the ‘Three Quotes a day for Three Days’ challenge, I’m looking at the motivation for moving toward the future. We all have struggles at one time or another. Some falter in our striving for our goals. But if we look to these quotes from achievers like Walt Disney, we may keep moving forward.
My first quote is by the great dreamer and achiever, Walt Disney, who drove forward no matter what obstacles were placed in front of him as he believed, “If you can dream it, you can do it.”
Quote, two is strong in moving us on, with George Herbert stating, “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” This I find is so true in life and work, as when we stand still without working, nothing happens, nothing is achieved. We only make gains if we take steps through action, even small actions forward. Each move, or action acquired, adds up, building toward the larger picture of our dreams and goals.
The third quote, “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” This quote belongs to a lady, the great Eleanor Roosevelt, who was to a married a man who was a member of the most misunderstood group of dreamers of any time. The difficulties they face in achieving their goals, I find humbling and very motivating.
To be a politician at any level of government, in any world government, is basically thankless most of the time. Yet there are those who strive to move on, achieving great actions despite the obstacles.
I find this highly motivating if you think about the drive and efforts they must put in. Even the ones we rant about, the ones we don’t like. These men and women are still driven, putting in great efforts. Must some politicians have beauty in their dreams? Such as we do in our dreams, we can be as motivated to follow our dreams as the politicians.
This brings us to the end of ‘Day Two’ of my ‘Three Quotes for Three Days’ challenge. Join me tomorrow for ‘Day Three,’ the last of day of the challenge. I will be enticing you with more of what I find motivational in quotes.
Let’s all … Believe in ourselves!
May the words stay with you!
This is the end of ‘Day Two’ of the quote challenge written by, Kenneth Shumaker with Inevitable Unicorn Press from Rusty’s Den. Written on November 26th, 2017.