Don’t ask me. I am puzzled as you are what was going in the minds of lawmakers when they came up with the following bizarre laws. They are quite hilarious and I hope you will join me in having a light humour pertaining to these laws.
As crazy and hostile the world is, it still retains its beauty such as reading these laws. I hope they will put a smile on your face thereby lightening the stress and worries you might have.
- If you are in Sudan, you will become puzzled when you witness a road accident and want to help the injured but are afraid to do so. If you do help the injured but somehow the injured man dies, then you’re partially responsible for aiding in the death of that person. You can be charged.
- If you fancy the name Monica and want to name your child by that name don’t do it if you’re living in Guinea. It is prohibited.
- If you are in California and your animal happens to mate with another in public, dude, you have a case to answer.
- Be warned: Don’t kill mice while you are in Morocco. It is illegal. The only time you are allowed to do so is if you want to have them for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- In Kenya it is against the law to walk around if you have no money. I wonder, does it mean those who don’t have money should stay indoors until they get some?
- Who can try this one, I wonder: You will be breaking the law if you eat in a place that is on fire in Chicago.
- If you are going to slaughter or eat an animal, don’t dare to name it if you happen to be staying in Australia. It is illegal.
- Texas, USA: Inform the police or give them 24 hours notice you are going to commit a crime. Easy way to be caught, I can say. Nice thinking here, yah!
- As a seller don’t sell both the toothpaste and toothbrush to the same customer on a Sunday in Providence, Rhode Island. It is illegal.
- How about this one: “Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know though you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing.” (m.dailytelegraph.com.au)
- This is a favorite: “In Stelvio, Italy, in 1519, a court issued a warrant for the arrest of a gang of moles that had severely damaged crops. The moles were summoned to court but when they failed to appear they were sentenced to exile. (m.dailytelegraph.com.au)
- In Minnesota, USA, men’s and women’s underpants are not supposed to be hanged together on the same washing lines. I don’t know why. Maybe it looks ugly.
- After 10 pm in Switzerland, no man is allowed to urinate while standing up. So, men need to ensure they urinate in a sitting position. Can someone explain to me why? And, no flushing toilets after this time.
I will continue the next thirteen hilarious laws. They might not be effective in this era but as long as they exist, you don’t have an excuse when you break any of these bizarre laws.