We’re given a list of (17 or 18) things we cannot do for the next 6 weeks. (Some for a year or 100 days)
I’ll just name a few because its so long… haiz …
1. We cannot wear bright red, yellow or green. They’re auspicious colours.
2. We cannot attend celebrations nor can we visit others’ house. If we HAVE TO attend, we’re not allow to give greetings/wishes. We cannot wish them happy birthday, new year or stuffs. (So forgive me if I don’t do it here as well; but also forgive me if I forget and wish you) We also cannot receive such wishes. (I think Good morning, afternoon are allow) We’re also not allow to doll or dress up too much. (little makeup only, nothing too bright or colourful)
3. We cannot use mangoes, pears and bananas as offerings. Because they’re auspicious fruits use for joyous events (like weddings).
4. We cannot go on holiday for a year. (I don’t know the reason)
5. We’ve to bath once with flower water. To cleanse ourselves up.
Yes, many rules to follow … we just try our best …
sometimes we forget and do something we couldn’t … then just apologise sincerely.