in

Church of the Holy Archdeacon Stefan

Church of the Holy Archdeacon Stefan is located in a village in the municipality of Koceljeva Svileuva. The church belongs to the Diocese of Sabac. It represents the immovable cultural heritage as a cultural monument. The history of the church in Svileuvi It was built in 1828, and today the church is from 1884. Shortly after building the church began and schools to work more precisely in 1829. The church was built of brick. It is a single building, ellipsoidal base, which has maintained a form of chalets. It has a curved roof that was covered with tiles. In 1987, the roof tiles was replaced with zinc and copper sheeting 2003. In 1988, under the church was replaced with ceramic tiles. The interior of the church is not painted. Next to the church is a bell tower built in the period from 1955 to 1960. In the churchyard there are 14 monuments of Svileuva warriors, who died in the wars of the 20th century, not buried there. This church is not alone in this area. Svileuvi in fact there are three locations that are called “Crkvina”. On one of them the remains of the wooden church from the 18th century. It is believed that this church was built in the period from 1739 to 1764 and had worked in her first school in Svileuvi. This wooden church was deserted during the Austro-Turkish War (1789-1791). It’s rare surviving places of worship in the area, and the fact that the church was built in transitional style to the buildings of solid material, which is not in Tamnava, makes this property specific and worthwhile. and that when it did the first school in Svileuvi. This wooden church was deserted during the Austro-Turkish War (1789-1791). It’s rare surviving places of worship in the area, and the fact that the church was built in transitional style to the buildings of solid material, which is not in Tamnava, makes this property specific and worthwhile. and that when it did the first school in Svileuvi. This wooden church was deserted during the Austro-Turkish War (1789-1791). It’s rare surviving places of worship in the area, and the fact that the church was built in transitional style to the buildings of solid material, which is not in Tamnava, makes this property specific and worthwhile.

What do you think?

2 points

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply