Soon the Norwegians and their guests will forget that Stavanger is the oil capital of Norway. The city will be covered with universal gluttony!
The Gladmat festival starts on July 24. Arriving there, you will find yourself in the kingdom of tasty and at the same time (which is rarely) healthy food. The organizers of this incredibly popular event will not forget about the main trend – Scandinavian cuisine, i.e. “Northern food”. Glagmat slogan: “Get a taste of happiness at Norway’s biggest food festival”.
The program of the yummy event includes:
- Cooking courses for children who prepare their own variety of food and chocolate under the guidance of experienced chefs;
- Local beer and cheese tasting;
- Delicious lunches from organic products;
- American barbecue;
- Excursions on the history of Norwegian cuisine;
- The awarding of the best chefs;
- Chamber concerts of classical and folk music.
Short historical information. The first Gladmat was held in 1998 and soon established itself as Scandinavia’s leading food festival. The main aim of the festival is to be Norway’s most important meeting place for chefs, food producers, and food fans.
Some curious festival facts: Glagmat is situated in Stavanger, Western Norway. The yummy event takes place in the last week of July & lasts during the four days. About 250 thousands visitors from all over the world meet here.
Let’s wish bon appetit and growth of culinary skills to all the participants! And don’t forget that Gladmat means “Happy Food” in Norwegian.