These people have overcome major adversity and are doing something that is fun, competitive and that they enjoy. They have faced life-changing physical events and have taken up new challenges to ensure that they can still enjoy life and the contributions that they can make despite major setbacks. There is a determination not to let setbacks get in the way of ambition. Whatever life throws at them, these people will carry on enjoying the challenge of life with optimism and a positive outlook.
Examples of questions you might use when coaching around Determination
– What is your reaction in the face of adversity?
– How do you react to major life changing events? What is your reaction to situations that seem insurmountable? What support do you get from others?
– How do you develop your ambition and your determination?
– What do you do to acquire new skills or take on new challenges? How much are you prepared to change your life completely?
– How competitive are you? How much is your determination pitched within yourself to do better? How much is your determination to beat the competition?
– How important is it to you to win? Do you want to win at any cost?
– How collaborative are you in your determination to succeed?
– How do others view your determination and persistence?
One of a series of 18 images from the coaching toolbox – Images of Resilience
Find out more about resilience in “The Authority Guide to Emotional Resilience in Business” by Robin Hills.