Any business starts out with the agenda of making profits and managers are always looking for ways to cut corners which will ultimately benefit the business. The business could range from a start-up to a full-fledged venture;it is always prudent to cut costs in the initial stages. And while entering the competitive business circuit, what is a better option than counting coins sitting behind a computer in a virtual office than watching them all getting siphoned in building an unnecessary lavish office? Smart managing indirectly makes the business venture smarter and the use of shared office for entrepreneurs is an innovative alternative to investing too much money in creating an office. Virtual offices are rapidly becoming the solution for many businesses and they can easily perform all office-related activities without the looming stress of long lease agreements and the consuming need for administrative staff. These offices, basically, reduce all the money spent in setting up an office for a business venture with no guarantee of success.
What are virtual offices?
- The virtual office may have a different location but provides the required goods and services to customers without actually constructing a fully furnished office. Employees can make use of the email address, messaging and communication services, and conference room at a mailing address that is provided by the virtual office without being physically present.
- The employees can be selected from any city or country when the company decides to operate through a virtual office.
- Different virtual business offices offer different services. There are some offices that provide a general secretary along with a few tables for upcoming businesses.
- These offices are deeply appreciated by start-ups and e-commerce companies foroperations and bottom-tier management. It is particularly beneficial for companies that exist in a virtual environment.
- The idea of virtual offices has become possible because of the advent of technology and development of software-based applications such as video conferencing applications and online platforms that connect the customer with the company. The use of information systems to aid management is the prime basis of virtual offices.
Corporate and Employee Advantages
- Virtual offices can be rented or acquired for prices which are much lesser than setting up a new office. The employers don’t have to pay for janitorial services, leases, cleaning for employees and customers, or maintenance charges.
- The number of employees required reduces as well. Hiring independent contractors in the lieu of paying more employees to carry out the same operation is a profitable idea.
- The employees which are a part of the company can work from home and conduct business operations and managerial operations online. The computing power that is provided in the office can be provided to the employee at home. The discussion of business ideas and information can be conducted over video conferences. New communication platforms can be developed for the exchange of business strategies pertaining to the consumer.
- The quality of the service of the employee is monitored rather than judging how the job is done. The type of work produced is the measure of the efficiency of the employee.