in

Laser hair removal At Home: Three Major Pitfalls of Laser Hair Removal at Home

The popularity of laser hair removal at home methods is attributed to the fact that in office laser hair removal treatments are often expensive and the easy solution in the form of regular shaving is not feasible because of time constraints and less than satisfactory results.

However, even though the advertisements of popular laser hair removal at home machines make stalwart claims, they are only capable of satisfying around 80% of the population of the United States who prefer laser hair removal at home methods over in office laser hair removal treatments.So, why do things go wrong for the remaining 20%?

Let’s find out.

1. The laser energy is not getting absorbed at the right place: how does laser hair removal at home treatment work? Well, you are counting on the laser energy to reach the hair follicles and destroy them, right? In many cases, the skin cells absorb a part of the energy and whatever is left is not sufficient in enough to burn off the hair follicles at the base. You don’t even need to have very dark skin for this to happen – just a little amount of melanin in the skin could result in a part of the laser energy being absorbed by the skin and resulting in skin burns. If you want to know more about how laser hair removal work then please visit the following link.

Under ideal circumstances, the laser energy emitted by the laser hair removal at home machine is supposed to reach and kill off the bulge and the papilla of the hair; if there is some amount of melanin present in the skin, a part of the energy is absorbed by the skin itself and of course you are not going to have desired results.

So, the bottom line is laser hair removal at home treatments work best on people who have light skin. It is advisable that you do not go for a tan before a laser hair removal treatment to avoid skin burns. If your skin is not perfectly white, it is a better idea to go for in office laser hair removal treatments because the doctors and technicians can adjust the wavelength and energy according to your skin type and give you satisfactory results.

2. The colour of hair isn’t just right: There could be another snag, if the laser energy does not get absorbed by the hair follicle because it has very light colour. The success of laser hair removal at home treatments to some extent depends upon the colour of the hair follicle being on the darker side; so, if you have blond hair, or light brown hair or red hair, the entire laser energy might not get absorbed by the hair follicle and you would not get satisfactory results.

The bottom line is, if you have very light hair, you need to talk to a dermatologist and maybe even consider other laser hair removal treatment options.

3. You are just not targeting the right follicles: There are different phases of hair growth and in case you didn’t know, only those in the Anagen phase can be destroyed through laser hair removal treatments. So, if your target area does not have much of Anagen phase hair, you are not going to have satisfactory results. As a matter of fact, that’s the reason why you need to repeat the laser hair removal routine. Read more about different phases of hair growth.

So, who is the right candidate for laser hair removal at home treatments?

A perfect candidate for laser hair removal at home treatments would have:

  • Light skin with no tan
  • Darkish hair. It’s better if it’s dark enough to be visible under the surface of the skin
  • the money to spend on laser hair removal at home machines and can endure a little pain

What do you think?

8 points
Hero

Written by Tom Clark

Wordsmith BuddyContent AuthorYears Of MembershipSmarty PantsLoyal Buddy

Leave a Reply