We all know that protein is one of the most significant nutrients that our body needs. For bodybuilders, wrestlers and athletes animal-based protein and protein supplements are some of the most popular protein sources to get their required nutrition. Plus it is also essential to maintain a healthy physique. So let’s know more about them. Read on to some impressive facts about protein.
- The word protein was first mentioned in scientific literature in 1838 by Gerardus Johannes Mulder, a Dutch organic and analytical chemist. Basically, protein word comes from the Greek word proteios which means primary or something of prime importance.
- Protein is present in almost all types of food, some have less quantity, and some have more. For example, Pumpkin seeds contain 33 grams of protein per 100 grams of protein, while on the other hand parmesan cheese contains 41.6 grams of protein per 100 grams.
- Human semen is 50% protein by weight and contains both albumin and free amino acids.
- Excessive protein intake can cause various health problems such as dehydration, kidney stones, calcium excretion and urea excretion.
- You would be shocked to know some protein names that are really weird and bizarre such as Pikachurian (an EGF and AGRINL-like protein) yes you guessed it right! This protein is named after a fictional character Pikachu from the Pokémon cartoon series. In the same manner, a protein called Ranasmurfin is named after the Smurfs.
- Protein is responsible for improving brain functions and keeping the nervous system healthy.
- If you are a bodybuilder looking for an additional dietary supplement for good muscle build-up, try out the Ultimate whey protein powder high in essential amino acids and other healthy nutrients.
- Protein is an essential component of the body that performs an array of functions like catalyzing metabolic reactions, DNA replication and much more.
- This might take you by surprise, but that is what you are here for, right? Whey protein powder has a fat burning capacity at an accelerated rate.
- You must have heard about protein in Urine also called as Proteinuria which is a situation where the kidney allows the protein to pass through the urine along with the unwanted wastes filtered from the blood.
- Proteins supply essential amino acids that prevent the damage of muscles and helps in gaining body gain mass.
- Human hair is composed of insoluble fibrous and non-digested protein which is also called Keratin.
- A healthy human body consists of 62% water, 16% fat and the same amount of protein and approximately 6% of minerals while the rest includes vitamins and other substances in the body.
We are pretty sure this article has taken you by surprise and amazed you with some of the interesting facts about protein. Stay fit and healthy with just a few right things in your diet. All you need is a balanced diet for an active and healthy lifestyle. Strenuous workout sessions result in depletion of protein level in one’s body, and therefore, a dietary supplement like whey protein is a must.