We are walking around the John C. Flanagan House in Peoria, Illinois. This was the earliest house that still exists in Peoria and it was originally owned and built by a famous local judge in 1836. In 1854 Abraham Lincoln came to Peoria for some debates and stayed here at this Federal style house. The back porch has a wonderful view of the Illinois River Valley. Note the brick porch has arches on the bottom going to the windows for the basement which now houses a museum.